Here some of the most frequent questions and subjects we get asked about.
If you can't find the answer here, please get in touch with us, as ever, we will be delighted to assist you.
We will notify you by email as soon as possible to acknowledge receipt of your order of goods from this website and we will provide you with an order number.
If we are unable to fulfil your order following this acknowledgement, we will contact you by email or telephone advising you of this. If you require any information concerning your order, please email us at email@example.com or call 0203 981 0272 quoting your order number.
All products are subject to availability.
See our full order and delivery terms & conditions here.
Payment can be made by any of the following methods: Visa, MasterCard, Delta, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro, PayPal, and American Express.
Payment will be debited and cleared from your account at the point at which your order is acknowledged or when treatment is booked.
Please note that all credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the issuer of the card.
See our full payment Terms & Conditions here.
UK Standard - Royal Mail
All UK addresses (includes mainland, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man)
Standard 3-4 working days
- Orders under £100: £5.00
- Orders over £100: free shipping
UK Express - DHL Express
All UK addresses (except Channel Islands) 1-3 working days
- Orders under £150: £10.00
- Orders over £150: free shipping
International and Channel Islands - DHL Express Worldwide
Shipment times are dependent on destination but you will receive a tracking number once your order has been dispatched. All international and Channel Island shipments may be subject to local destination tax & duties charges which are generally payable on import by the customer. Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any more assistance.
- European Union - £35.00
- United States - £25.00
- Rest of the World - £40.00
Orders placed after 1pm will be processed the next day.
Please refer to our full Terms & Conditions/delivery for more detailed information.
Click & Collect
- From our clinic reception - free of charge.
- Available for pick-up 7 days a week between 11.00am and 8.00pm. Same day pick up is available on orders placed by 1pm. Please allow a minimum of an hour for your order to be processed.
You will receive a notification from us when it is ready to collect. Orders will be held for up to 14 days from the date of purchase. Please contact email@example.com or call 0203 981 0272 to arrange a collection should you need assistance.
Any questions, feedback or complaints?
Feedback is always helpful, whether it's good or bad, it helps us improve our service to you in the future.
If you should have any other questions, feedback or complaints, please get in touch with us, ideally this should be made in writing using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Or give us a call on:
Tel: +44 (0)203 8834 702
Tel: +44 (0)748 0671 275
We aim to reply to you as soon as we can, but please allow 14 working days.
Yes, for orders placed and delivered within the UK, all prices quoted on our site are inclusive of VAT.
However, all other international destinations may be subject to local regulations, tax and import duties for customs clearance when receiving goods.
Please contact us for more information and a shipping quote.
Please refer to our FAQ's/ Shipping Options above for more info.
Unfortunately from time to time things happen, but we should be able to help make it right.
If you have a broken, faulty or incorrect item in your order, please contact us as soon as possible so we can assist you.
email@example.com or call 0203 981 0272
If your order hasn't arrived: Please note, that we aim to dispatch all orders within 3 working days. Delivery times are to be used as a guide only and unfortunately, from time to time there may be delays to delivery.
In the first instance, please refer to our FAQ's/ Shipping tab, but if you can't find the information you need there and still require assistance, please contact us.
We aim to please and sometimes you just need to change stuff, it's ok. Here is a quide to help you, amend or cancel an online or in-clinic order.
Cancel or amend an order:
If you require any assistance concerning your order, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
or call us on:
Tel: +44 (0)203 8834 702
Tel: +44 (0)748 0671 275
Please provide full details including the customer order number so we can locate your order.
Depending on the circumstances, we can generally amend or cancel orders prior to shipping, if we are contacted before they dispatch, usually 12pm the next working day. (Best/quicker to give us a call in this instance).
Refunds on products*
We hope you will be delighted with your order. But if not, we are happy to offer a refund, exchange, or replacement on all goods returned to us within 14 days of your receipt of goods provided they are in their original, unopened, unused, and undamaged condition. (We will consider the condition of the goods being returned when making a refund).
On receipt of the returned goods, we will give you a refund of the amount paid for the goods. We do not refund the original delivery charge unless the goods are faulty or have been incorrectly supplied.
Refunds will be made against the original form of tender. Please note that the return costs will not be reimbursed. Postage or other return costs will be the customer's responsibility and will be reimbursed by us only in the case of damaged, faulty, or incorrectly supplied goods.
To improve our service, please let us know the reason for returning any goods.
Return the parcel by RECORDED DELIVERY to the following address:
Customer Services, PS Beauty Ltd t/a Pfeffer Sal, First Floor,
106 Cleveland St
W1T 6NX, London, UK
We cannot be held responsible for returned goods that do not reach our Returns Department. Your statutory rights are not affected.
See our full Terms & Conditions/Cancellation Right here.
In the first instance stop using it...in fact back away from it right now! There could be numerous reasons why this has happened. Please be assured we are here to help you.
As soon as you possibly can, please give us a call on +44 (0)203 8834 702, so one of our qualified team can advise you on what to do.
Useful info before you book in.
To arrange an appointment please call our reception or use our book now link on our website.
We do get quite booked up, especially our popular times like evenings and weekends, so booking well in advance is always recommended.
We don't accept walk in appointments. However from time to time we get last minute availability and have a waiting list for such eventualities.
While every effort is made so you can book your preferred therapist, bear in mind this might not be possible. (But we always have your previous treatment and skincare history with us to ensure continuity of care).
Pre-payment is required for all treatment bookings and our cancellation policy is 48 hour's notice, so do let us know as soon possible if you can't make an appointment or need to change it (we do send handy reminders to you too).
Laser patch tests are required prior to all laser treatments, these are redeemable against the specified laser treatment, however if you or we deem not to proceed with the treatment, this cannot be refunded.
We send links to fill in some forms in advance, but we kindly ask that clients arrive at least ten minutes before their appointment to complete any necessary registration documentation, especially if it is your first ever time to see us.
We also request that you provide accurate medical information - this is super important.
Our full clinic bookings T&C's can be read here.
Good Question. Everything at Pfeffer Sal begins with the Welcome Essential, and we mean everything!
If you’re a first time client with us, we strongly recommend you start with this treatment - underline ‘strongly’ in red pen and imagine we’re shouting it. That’s because this is by far the best way for us to really get to know what’s going on with your skin.
Hello, is it me your looking for?
Book me in!
No? Not 'the one'?
Ok, then head over to our treatment pages, where you can check out the wonderful aray of services we offer.
Or take our skin quiz to find out what might be best suited for your skin type?
Oh, did we also menton, that we would love to chat about our treatments with you?
Contact us and we can guide on the path of skin enlightenment. You can thank us later.
Here is a list of do's & don'ts and other helpful information before coming for a treatment with us.
1. Don’t use retinol or exfoliate for 5 days before your appointment. Skip any other strong at-home facial treatments the week before your appointment too.
2. Avoid hair removal on the area being treated for 24 hours prior to treatment.
3. Do wear your make-up. Or don't. Either way your skin therapist will cleanse your skin as part of any of our facial treaments.
4. Do avoid sun bathing or tanning beds at least a week before a facial. (A sunburn will make for a very unpleasant experience as well as defeat the purpose of getting a facial).
5. Do avoid injectables.
If you're getting Botox or Fillers, it should be at least 2 weeks before a facial. We can’t massage skin that has been recently injected as there is a risk of moving the injectable around to the wrong area.
6. Do be prepared to discuss your skin concerns and what your goals might be.
7. Do ideally take a photo of your at home routine if you would like to discuss this with us or know your skincare routine, names and main ingredients of the skin care products you are using at home. Knowing these details will help us make recommendations products you may want to add or delete from your at-home routine.
8. Do let your skin professional know any medications, medical conditions, allergies, and/or past skin conditions you may have had. Even over-the-counter medications can affect your skin, so it is good for them to know what may be contributing to your concerns and the way your skin reacts to certain products.
9. We do recommend that you discontinue the use of any products that will thin your skin before your facial. Roaccutane is a minimum of 6 months for most of our treatments. Topical retinoids are to be avoided 5 days before your facial, and 2 weeks before if you are having a peel in your treatment. But please discuss when booking for advice.
10. Are you getting your skin ready for a big event? If you've never had a facial before and don't know how your skin will respond, let us know about your concerns in order to recommend the right treatment(s) that will help you put your best face forward.
11. Leading swiftly on from point 10 above, we do recommend that you schedule your appointment accordingly. We suggest that you do not book a facial the day of or the day before a major event such as your wedding. Most likely your skin will be fine but let’s not chance trying something new before your big day. You are probably already stressed enough.
12. Will you break out after a facial? Most likely, no, but there is always a small possibility a breakout may occur. Depending on the condition of your skin, if you aren’t used to exfoliating, any excess oil will be released after a facial. This may result in a breakout but don’t worry, it will be gone in a few days and your skin will still be glowing.
13. Arrive 10 to 15 minutes early. This is your time and you want to get the most of it. Allow yourself time to fill out any necessary forms and to talk to your skin therapist. If you're late, it'll cut into your facial treatment. We want to put your best face forward but can’t do that if you don’t give them adequate time to work with.
14. Do know that we are honoured that you have chosen to have a facial with us and we are here to help you get the most for our expertise and make sure you continue to glow long after you leave the clinic. We want you to trust us to look after you for the long haul, so we will do not make you feel pressured to commit to anything you don't want to on the spot (excuse the pun!). We will send you a follow up email and sometimes give you samples to try at home, so you can go home armed with the knowledge to make that decsion yourself.
As ever, any questions on any of these pointers or any other questions, get in touch.
We recommend that clients follow the specific after care guidelines, provided by us post treatment and these include the following:
1. Any alcohol-based toners, AHA/BHA exfoliators, vitamin A products including retinol, harsh scrubs, skin lightening cream or benzoyl peroxide products should generally be avoided for 3-5 days after the treatment. However, your Dermal Therapist will give you specific information related to the products you are using and the treatment you have had.
2. Try to avoid wearing makeup for the rest of the day if possible.
3. Steam rooms, saunas and/or exercise should also be avoided for 24-48 hours.
4. Due to the exfoliation we perform in your treatment, your skin will be sensitive, so try to avoid touching your face for 8 hours to avoid spreading bacteria and absolutely no picking at it please. Ideally change your pillowcases/bedding before going to bed too.
5. Please ensure you are wearing SPF for at least 14 days post-treatment. Ideally we recommend wearing SPF everyday on an ongoing basis - who doesn't want to prevent pesky environmental effects on the skin?
6. In the case of laser and peels, avoid direct sun exposure for at least two weeks, your skin would be more delicate and sensitive to the sun after the treatment. For our signature facials, try to avoid direct sun exposure for 48 hours, or until any redness/effects of the facial have subsided.
We will send you a handy reminder email with this info and also specific treatment and product recommendations after your appointment, but please call or email us if you have any other questions.
Yes you can check out as a guest, just select this option at check out. Creating an account means you can track transactions and see product recommendations and other cool stuff.
Can't make it into the clinic to see us in person?
We offer a selection of virtual appointments in our treatment pages so you can have a fully guided treatment experience in the comfort of your own home, with a selection of curated products delivered to you ready to use as guided by one of our team.
And we also offer a selection of curated product packs in our online store.
Yes, indeedy we do!
In the pursuit of great skin health, this really is the perfect start and a perfect gift option, if we do say ourselves.
We offer both physical and digital gift vouchers, head over to our gift vouchers page for more details and to purchase.
If you’re looking for something even more bespoke, get in touch with our team so we can work together to curate the perfect gift.
*Gift vouchers are valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
Generally we find that most treatments work best as part of an ongoing programme.
We may suggest a tailored programme of mix & match treatments based on your individual skin goals.
Head over to our skin journey page to read about some client examples of treatment plans.
If you’re planning to visit us regularly why not buy a course of treatments? You are welcome to mix and match treatments too.
Buy 3 treatments, receive 1 half price.
Buy 5 treatments, receive 1 for free.
With consideration of your health, the earth, air, sea and living creatures, we done our darndest to curated our product edit, both in treatments and retail, ensuring that where possible, the products do not contain the following unnecessary ingredients:
Parabens, sulphates/SLS, PEGs, phthalates, formaldehyde donors, mineral oil, palm oil, hydroquinone, methylisothiazoninone, silicones, chemical sunscreens, and BHT.
All the products we stock are cruelty free.
We believe in honesty and transparancy and disclose the complete list of ingredients for every single item we sell on our product pages, as well as useful facts like if they are vegan, organic, pregnancy safe. etc
And we spend heaps of time researching lots and lots of ingredients - you can find a really helpful guide to all of them at our Skin Education page.
Behind the scenes we also really try to do our part for sustainability, from the clinic consumables, stationery and packaging we use, to the energy supplier we choose. It's work in progress of course, but every little helps right?
If you would like to read more, head over to our About pages.
Our Careers & Brand opportunities
If you are interested in working for us or collaborating with us, please contact us by email in the first instance at email@example.com
Head over to our Contact us page.
We are a very short walking distance from Great Portland Street and Warren Street tube stations.
We are at the bottom right of Warren Mews, the entrance to which is located just after the junction of Warren Street and Conway Street.
If you are coming by taxi, please suggest to be dropped off close to the corner of Warren Street and Cleveland Street outside the Mews entrance.
If you are driving, you need to exit the Euston Road (A501) westbound onto Warren Street via Conway Street and there are pay & display parking bays on Warren Street and Cleveland Street.
There is also a NCP carpark close by on Clipstone Street.